Partner | Lawyer | Certified Specialist Lawyer for IT Law
Dr. André Schmidt
Dr André Schmidt advises companies and the public sector in connection with digitalisation projects. A particular focus is on drafting and negotiating complex IT contracts, advising on IT projects in crisis and advising on data protection issues with high liability and difficulties. He convinces with a high degree of technical understanding.
Further, Dr André Schmidt is highly experienced in the enforcement of intellectual property rights, the implementation of know-how protection strategies and in unfair competition disputes. He has profound knowledge of contract drafting, negotiation and litigation.
- IT law
- Data protection law
- Competition law / unfair competition law
- Intellectual property rights (copyright, trademark, patent, design law)
- Media and press law
- Handelsblatt & Best Lawyers 2019 – 2022: One of the best lawyers for IP law in Germany
- Lawyer at LUTZ | ABEL since 2016
- Lecturer at the HSB Academy since 2016
- Mentor at the Cyber Law Clinic of the University of Hamburg since 2015
- Lawyer in a major international law firm, 2008 – 2016
- Doctorate (Dr. jur.) in Freiburg
- Law studies at the Humboldt University of Berlin