Your experts in employment law
LUTZ | ABEL specialises in advising mostly medium-sized employers and covers the entire spectrum of individual and collective employment law.
Our main areas of focus include reorganisations and restructurings, the use of external staff, New Work / Work 4.0, and employee data protection. Our services range from individual case-related employment law advice to the development and implementation of corporate employment law strategies.
We have been assisting most of our clients for many years and therefore, are very familiar with the companies and their individual characteristics. Further, we are happy to assist you in any employment law matters as advisors, negotiators as well as implementers.
In detail, you will benefit from our negotiation expertise, our experience in strategic long-term counselling, our multi-layered industry knowledge and our specialised know-how in all core and ancillary areas of employment law.
LUTZ | ABEL's employment law practice is characterised by the fact that its young, dynamic partners manage much of the advice themselves and thus achieve excellent results.Legal 500 Germany 2020
Our services in employment law
Corporate reorganisations and restructurings / staff reductions
- Support and structuring of operational changes
- Negotiation of reconciliation of interests and social plan
- Conciliation board proceedings
- Support and structuring of transfers of undertakings
- Support and structuring of staff reduction measures
- Mass redundancies
- Support and structuring of voluntary programmes
- Transfer measures
- Termination of employment and service contracts
New Work / Work 4.0
- Home office
- Mobile working
- Working time law
- Company bicycles
- New Pay
- Flexible working time models
- Needs-based remuneration systems
- IT employment law
Employee data protection
- Company agreements on data protection
- Employment contracts
- Total commitments
- Bonus and target agreements
- Commission agreements
- Trainee and working student contracts
- Executive board and managing director service agreements
- Partial retirement agreements
- Termination and severance agreements
- Employee handbooks and company regulations
Works constitution law and corporate co-determination
- Drafting and negotiating of company agreements
- Costs of works council work
- Release from work for works council members
- Remuneration of works council members
- Works council elections
- Conciliation boards
- Supervisory board elections
- Shaping company co-determination
- Tendency companies
Deployment of external staff
- Employee leasing
- Design of contract for work models
- Design of service contract models
- Personnel partnerships
- Design of self-employed models
- Social security law
Various suppliers of the ENERCON Group
Legal advice on comprehensive restructuring, including plant closures and significant staff reductions (approx. 3,000 jobs affected); simultaneously negotiated social plans and reconciliations of interests in several plants.
CMA CGM (Germany) GmbH
Ongoing employment law advice, in particular on works constitution law issues, to the German organisation of the CMA CGM Group, one of the three largest container shipping companies in the world.
E.V.A. Energieversorgungs- und Verkehrsgesellschaft Aachen / Stadtwerke Aachen AG / Aachener Straßenbahn und Energieversorgungs-AG (energy supply and transport company / public utility company Aachen)
Ongoing employment law advice to the municipal group of companies of the city of Aachen in the field of energy supply and transport, in particular in the group-wide negotiation of framework company agreements on IT and data protection with all works councils of the group.
Media group Klambt
Ongoing employment law advice as well as employment law support in the transactional business.
Employment law advice to all German companies of the Mayr-Melnhof Group from Austria, most recently in particular legal advice on disputes with the works council.
Raffinerie Heide GmbH (refinery)
Legal advice of the Heide refinery on the reconciliation of interests and social plan negotiations for a staff reduction.
NEPTUN Werft GmbH & Co. KG as part of the Meyer Werft Group
Legal advice on reconciliation of interests and social plan negotiations for a staff reduction at the Neptun shipyard in Rostock
Joint Venture of EWE AG and of the Aloys-Wobben Foundation (Alterric GmbH)
Legal advice on the collective bargaining with ver.di regarding the first collective bargaining of the joint venture of EWE AG and the Aloys-Wobben Foundation as well as the operational organisational structuring